Saturday, February 27, 2010

Snowy days!






As long as you have her bundled up in her coat Brinley loves the snow. She loves to run, chase snow balls and dig in the snow to find the kong. She had a great time today playing for hours with the kong and all her new friends at the off leash dog park. I dress in my snowboard clothes just so I can stay as long as she wants to without freezing! Every now and then her feet get too cold and she will jump into my arms to be held, she is no sooner up in my arms than she is all warm again and is wiggling to get down and run around.

She loves all dogs and people she comes across and is finally showing enough confidence to let new people pet her without scampering away.

She is doing great with her commands, she knew quite a few when she got here and she will now, sit, lie down, off (of whatever she is on and needs to get off of) and come when she is called 9x out of 10.....every now and then there is something just way too interesting to convince her to come when I call her.

She has been spending about 2 hours in the crate everyday when I am out for work, and still really doesn't like it. So far when left out of the crate she is fine, so we have been leaving her out any of the other times we are out.

I am leaving tomorrow and will be out of town for a week for work, so Foster "Dad" is in charge, I will update everyone in a week on how she did with the change in routine. She has the dog walker coming 2x a day and will be crated until the first walk and then out with the Pug for the rest of the day.

Foster "Dad" is now in charge of the baths, skin creams and spraying when needed, he knows the expectation is that there is more fur when I get home.....oooh the pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment